You may wonder what a mentalist is and how to become one. Mentalist is what you call those people who practice mentalism, the art of discerning the truth about an individual as well as many details about that individual’s personal life.
Many refer to mentalism as an activity incorporated by supernatural powers, however, how to become a mentalist is more about developing exceptional decoding and observational aptitude. Many professions from crime investigation field to magic performers make use of mentalist’s tricks along with the discipline of psychology for mental performance and behaviours.
What You Should Do in Your Everyday Life to Succeed in Mentalism
Before we get to the actual means on how to become a mentalist, I would like to mention few points on what to do in your day-to-day life – when you are going to work, sitting in the train or having a party at your place. Being a mentalist is more than just to know few tricks. It is a lifestyle. Although these things are not mandatory, I do recommend you to consider them:
- Practice quick, well-read judgement. How to become a mentalist starts with good surveillance, therefore as a mentalist you can be quite confident of your judgement. You don’t need ESP to be excellent in decoding and profiling an individual. You’ll just need to be very keen on your scrutiny. Is the person really knowledgeable or just bragging with empty words? Does the person look into your eyes while talking to you? Is the person’s body fit or healthy looking? Is the person wearing a ring? Is the person sweating although the air con is on? Such observations will definitely lead you into that one instant educated finding about an individual.
- In learning how to become a mentalist, one should practice the art of finding lies. You can catch the person if he’s lying or not based on the physical cues that indicate his being anxious, nervous or unsure. Observe where he stares when speaking, his level of perspiration, his way of speaking if he stutters or repeats the same phrase, and other physical signs that seem quite unusual for person like him.
- To better enhance your mentalism tricks, start discovering new things with yourself first. Face the mirror and make a thorough observation of your facial reaction. How do your eyes look when you stir positive thoughts? How about when you are feeling pained, how does your face look like? When you’re scared do you tend to shut your eyes off? Then play along with your emotions. When you’re happy and excited do you clasp your hands together and feel the butterflies in your stomach? How does it manifest in your body? When you’re nervous what do you usually do with your hands? Do you bite your fingernails or chew your lips? Start studying yourself then expand to studying other people’s behaviour.
- Learn the tricky questions. Becoming a mentalist, you should be able to ask the wise, tricky questions that are partly a statement and partly a question. You don’t obviously persuade a person to tell you something because all the more that he will keep the information from you. Express the vague questions or statement and let the person clear it out for himself. Say something like, “I’m quite torn being a performer or a teacher, what do you say about that?” or asks something like, “I never like the service in that cafe. You think the others share the same opinion too?”
- Be a good listener. Most people listens to be able to deliver a good reply, but a mentalist listens and listens, then reads between the lines. A good mentalist is a good listener. Excellent listening skills open a new world for you and lead you to several links that can help you on how to become a mentalist. An individual’s personality and background are often hinted through the things that come out of his mouth. People tend to spill out more things about themselves than we recognize it. Good listening is the major key.
Where to Start
Where you should start your become-a-mentalist journey?
There are two options for you. One of the options is books on mentalism. It’s a solid way especially if you like studying and dig deep into the thick books. However it may take longer time for you to become mentalism as the second option. In our age of Internet and technology it’s way faster and more interesting to study from the videos. Is it not?!
So the other option is to get an online multimedia course. I know there is a lot of bullshit out there these days. And I went through it personally. When I was looking for a decent course, I had to see many of them. The good thing is that the most of the online courses offer you a 60-day-money-back guarantee with no commitment. So for the pure BS I could claim the refund.
It was a good experience, though. It helped me to go through different products and see what deserves the attention and actually works in terms of self-education and what does not. In the section below I am going to share with you the most efficient and complete course in my personal opinion. I tell you more, if I was the creator of that course, I would charge a lot more than that.
Master Mentalism Course
As I mentioned before, it’s not an easy task to find a decent course on the art of mentalism, especially if you are new to this and really want to know how to become a mentalist. If you did try to find it yourself, I bet you agree with me and feel the pain.
There was a moment when I was information starved in terms of mentalism and magic and I was looking for as much information as I could find. When I stumbled upon Master Mentalism, all I had to do was to submit my email and get the video tutorial for free. So I did and a bit later, the next day or so, I received an email with the first free tutorial.
I was impressed right there! First of all, the video was about something new and different from the stuff I could find on youtube. At the same time the revelation and tutorial was explained very detailed and easy to follow. It came with the subtitles in case for someone it is easier to read than to listen.
It captured my attention from the first video. Within the next couple of days I received the rest of the tutorials and I was totally on it.
And then, I received another email from Ryan Clark, a co-author of the course, where he invited me to try the major ‘how to become a mentalist’ course. I thought, if the free videos from him were that impressive, what should I expect from the paid complete mentalism and magic course?!
I didn’t have any doubts and got my copy. I didn’t hesitate, because Master Mentalism course purchase goes through ClickBank, which means I had 60-day-money-back guarantee. In other words if I didn’t like it or thought it didn’t worth the money (I still think he should charge more than that…), I had 2 full months to claim my money back with no any questions or explanation at all. I buy via ClickBank every now and then and I know how flawlessly it works. Besides, I’ve heard a lot of good opinions from guys who live outside USA and Europe, like India or Brasil, since they have certain difficulties with ordering books from Amazon.
Clickbank offers digital products only, so even if you live on a desert island, you can still order anything from there as long as you have Internet connection. Simply download your precious e-book or the entire course.
In the next few days I am going to add some addition insider information about what you are getting in the Master Mentalism. There is just so much stuff, that I think you wouldn’t believe me and decide that I am exaggerating if I mentioned all of it. So I have to think for few days which way to put it in the review before I publish it here. Meanwhile check out Ryan’s Master Mentalism course here: mastermentalism.com
To make it easier for you, here is Master Mentalism detailed review and walkthrough: